Friday, October 15, 2010

Its been ten days!

HOLY CANOLI!!! I can't believe its been ten whole days. Let me tell you have things really changed around here! Seven days ago I woke up at five thirty after a meager 4 hours of sleep (my consistent average for the last 2 weeks) and did some eighties PT. Yes...you heard me eighties PT. All the team leaders dressed up in eighties garb (ripped up hoodies, leggings, leg warmers, sweatbands, some even wore gawdy earrings and makeup) and we worked out to sweating to the oldies. It was hilarious watching the unit leaders shake it out and sizzle with the rest of us. Then all of the team leaders got together and 'chalked' McClellan Park. Signs for 946, 947, 943 and 922. Things have definitely changed since the wonderful arrival of all 285 of our corps members. I shuttled three groups from the airport (two for my pod). Laura and I were probably pretty overwhelming for these poor CMs. We were blasting ridiculous music and also jumping out of the van and talking excitedly. We had been waiting for months to get there. I was also very nervous. When my shuttles were done for the day, as Res Life I started just walking around the dorms talking to people who were moving in. I was trying to learn names and get things anyone needed. I met some really awesome people and honestly began to get pretty sentimental about not being a CM this year. I met my pod!!!! Boy were they awesome. I remember my pod loving from last year and this group definitely had the same blossoming love, energy and excitement. We just clicked them to each other and me to them. In a way I felt more closer to them then even most of the other team leaders. I knew however when the pods would end from the beginning and I knew that I was limited to only seven days with them. One of their birthdays was over the weekend so we went to Ricks Dessert Diner. We also had a kickball tournament which we won; they labeled himself the 'pink pythons' and while they had so much pod pride they also were completely inclusive of all other pods. I also had a group of boys on my hall who I adore. They are sarcastic and funny and ridiculous. Again, parts of me wish I hadn't been a TL but I also think some of these jovial joking relationships have only been happening . because I'm a TL.


*** this post was never finished but I still thought I would share. 

No comments: