Sunday, October 31, 2010

Has it really been 25 days?

Wow, Sorry that I have completely failed in writing. But between caring for 11 CMs and journaling (which i've also stopped days ago) and writing letters and postcards and keeping up on the Go1d forum I have neglected the blog yet again. I have two relevant entries to the forum I'm going to post for you guys!

Let me tell you about my pod!! Stephen this will probably make you vomit because they love me. So I was giving i-j...Daniel, Alan, Sam, Andrew, Danielle, Shannon (who is my personality twin), Dominique, and Jessie. I was the 2 youngest only baby Sam was younger than me. The first day I had a piece of cardboard with gold glitter and a pink number 17! My pod (most of who I had already met the day before) came sprinting up to hug me and get in line. I also have a pink ribbon tied to my clipboard so they assumed Pink was my favorite color, refused to let Mike Coleman take our pink markers during the Policy Review. When they got up to share out to the rest of the crowd they said 'um..we're pod 17 but from here on out you'll know us at the Pink Pythons" and so a family was born. HAHAHAHA...um they began to terrorize campus with love and pink t-shirts. We attended the pack test to support Alan on his 24th birthday waiving happy birthday banners and posters...all wearing matching pink t-shirts (I was in green). Then we participated in the campus wide kickball tournament and WON!!! We were actually complete champions. We were done 0-3 when Vaya announced we had 5 minutes left in the game. We loaded the bases, and Brooks (a guy on my floor) kicked a grand slam...throwing us into the championship game which we just rocked.

Wednesday was team reveal. My team got envelopes with their names typed (typewriter) on the front, inside were pictures of scrabble boards with words telling them I was meeting them in the kitchen. At the kitchen there was a picture of our muster spot then telling them how much I loved cooking and to talk about food...here they realized they all eat meat!!! This continued with prompts and pictures and things like 'you have to hurry faster if you're going to catch me," and "i hope you run faster than that in disaster relief." They reached me at the BBQ behind 946 where i had a very classy spread...vanilla pudding, mini loaves of bread, humus, triscuits, strawberries, grapes, pomegranates, rolos, plates, streamers and a beautiful sign! They were being classy and I have one teacher and one person super interested in education BUT they are soooooooooooooooooooooooo boring.

 * My team is actually NOT boring, it just took them longer than 30 seconds to click and now I adore them and are thankful for them. BEWARE OF FAST JUDGEMENTS FUTURE TLS!




The Legend of Two Ton Betty
As Ameri-rumors go, we know how quickly they spread, and how ferociously they burn. The tale I'm about to weave is based on a true story, however has in fact cycled through the ameri-world.

TL Kristina was having a bad day, her team had been driving her nuts. As she was driving Two-Ton Betty, her anxiety kept raising. Bickering, fighting, bouncing...faster and faster TL Kristina drove. The louder Gold 6 got, the higher the speedometer raised. As she careened around a corner, TL Kristina spotted a logging truck barreling down the one lane dirt road. As a lover of the game Chicken Kristina decided to continue straight ahead. As she reached the logging truck she cranked the wheel towards the logger, in an attempt to run him off the road. He turned into two-ton betty. The metal crashed into each other and Two-ton betty careened into the ditch. CMs went flying willy nilly, there was blood and bones and carnage. The van burst into flames and the logger returned to finish the job.

The real story of two ton betty; Kristina was having a rough day. There was food drama and she kept inferring in the most insecure way possible that her team thought she was incompetent. As soon as she got in the car she put in her headphones and went to sleep. Kristina decided to drive the Mendocino road because of her carsickness. While driving, and following all traffic and NCCC laws up around the logging road she came around a corner and about 1/4 mile up the road was a full logging truck coming towards her. Kristina slowed down and looked around for a pull off. There was no pull off, the logger just kept coming. I tried to slow down and stop to let someone get out to safety, but the logger wasn't stopping. If I had stopped it would have a collision. I pulled off to the side of the road as much as I could but there was no way he was going to get past us. He was creeping now but obviously still had no intention of stopping. I turned the wheels just enough to leave me on the side of the road when Matt (my long haired, sarcastic, musician) leaned across the seat and said "we're pretty close to the..." the ground gave way "ditch." Two ton betty was now sitting, frame on the side of the dirt road and logger just drove up. He stopped. He got out. He walked around the van laughing; he rocked the van a few times much to the CMs terror (the van was seconds from tipping over in the ditch) and then laughed again and told me I was stuck and drove off.

To trim down the saga I was marooned with Loggers (and one very cute logger named jesse) for four hours until a tow truck could get up to us. It took a tow truck anchored to a full logging truck to get two ton betty out of the ditch...and we became
G6 in a ditch!


Also i learned a ton of loggers names and got some pretty awesome incite into the logging world. The rest of Mendocino went great.

No comments: