Monday, September 06, 2010

Green makes my eyes "pop"

Well, its official I am IN sacramento, i am IN green and I am IN another year of service. Adjusting is definitely hard. While I was so sure this last year made me even more flexible and change oriented, I've come to the realization that I was only so good at it because the people I was with remained the same. I talk to about 3/4 or 1/2 my team almost every single day while 1/4 of them I barely talk to at all. I definitely did think that would ever be the case however, it is the truth. I have to ponder whether its the denial of feelings and nostalgia that leads to the silence or the truth after 10 months of a lie.

I'm getting to spend some quality time with the other TLs. We have such a good crew of people. Everyone seems solid and here for all the right reasons. Four days of training nearly killed me but the two days off for Labor day (only sun and today) really helped. I forget how getting talked at could be soooo exhausting.

I'm not feeling very 'bonded' to really anyone. I'm trying to remember if I felt that way last year, but I was immediately close to my CTI roommate and my pod so its a little different. I think things will look up hopefully by next weekend. A week and a half should be plenty of time to make close friends...in the ameriworld at least?

We went down to old sac for gold rush days. weird and touristy as usual. Today we went kayaking. I loved it! I think i'm gonna start going rather regularly.

I'm definitely stressed about money, home and making friends...acceptance is such a big deal. Momma thinks its because I'm so open and accepting it really confuses me when other people are not. I can't wait to see the great things this year has to offer and the awesome friends I'm going to make. Hopefully soon!

No comments: