Saturday, August 28, 2010

driving west to the sunset

Thursday night Jennifer and I met t Grandmamas at six to begin our trip. I'd be lying if I said I left confidently. I got. Little hysterical about missing things and people; I have no clear plans for my life in elven months. I just kept telling mom I didn't want to leave. I drove away w Emily, Mom and the babies waving and I cried all the way to grandmas.

Once we got on the road I managed to calm down. I got a call from Mike Coleman as I was filling w gas...our last stop in Des Moines, it was nice. we drove through the night - took a two hour nap just outside Cheyenne in the car at a gas station. I slept a little longer she drove. We made it to Salt lake around eleven...but it felt so much later. We drove around, shopped nd visited historic salt lake sites. We got to our campground with Little Ceasers pizza around 6 then showere nd rerganized the car. We put everything from the trunk and backseat into the front seat and laid the back seat down to sleep. It is a Chevy cobalt two door so ita not like a car where there is a lot of room. We woke up at six and hit the road. Were about an hour from the Hoover damn and thirty miles outside Vegas. So far so good.

Here are some highlights
-wearing cake mustaches through Wyoming
-creepy little America
-the outdoor "showers" at antelope island
-lots of laughing

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: