Saturday, October 17, 2009

a quickie...

Hey hey hey!! I'm sure all of you back home have missed that haha. It has been a few days since I posted last, even though I was in here yesterday. I have been feeling a lack of words. its pretty much a bummer. I even have a fresh new journal but i haven't found my 'spot' yet.

Its been an overwhelming amount of people and information, but nothing I can't handle. I have a feeling I'm talking way too much but there are some awfully quiet people around. I'm going to try to shut my pie hole. Although I will say i'm SUPER proud to be a teacher, even though I have no students and I just want everyone to know.

Yesterday was eight hours of meetings SNOOZE.

Today was eight hours of work. YAY! Today we went out to Laurel Ruff School. This is a transition school for students with special needs. There are 110 students in the school total but we worked one on one with Frances, who heads up a program from 18-22 year olds. This is an awesome program and while wars over transition, integration etc are being waged at home over SPED it was nice to see a functioning awesome program and get to help! They have a garden in the backyard which they use sort of as a victory garden. We put in two new beds (concrete stones and raised beds) as well as weeded and took out a monstrous grapevine. The grapevine was probably the high light of my day because a bunch of us girls just went at it and were eventually joined by two fellas to tip it over and cut the roots. Dont worry it wasn't a feminist enjoyment more like a social, bonding enjoyment. Everyone on my team seems to be just as sassy as me..so yay!

Tomorrow it looks like some of us are going to be taking the light rail into sacramento. I hope I find some pomegranates! I'm still missing fruit and snacking etc but I feel good and I'm enjoying this a lot.

Love you all and I miss you!

PS sorry there are no pictures!

No comments: