Sunday, October 11, 2009

an obligatory post.

I know I should probably be posting something but the neurotic tendencies are taking over and I can't sit still. Its only 2 days til I fly out and I really cannot believe I'm doing this.

I went over to Jen's tonight to play some Mario on the wii and chill. The night ended with the girls refusing to let me leave. I had a seven year old on my left foot and a five year old on my right. They understand 'long time" but not "not too long." It's hard to explain. 10 months seems like forever but I know its not.

I feel unprepared - emotionally, physically, mentally. I dont know what to expect but expecting nothing is not my strong suit. I want to prepare. I want to have a plan and I need some sort of security....but as one of my favorite quotes goes.....

*“Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

1 comment:

AliyahB said...

i <3 your quote! :D