Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Give up the ghost

Good morning!
While I am at work I felt like I should share this with you. Brandi Carlile's Give Up the Ghost and Mayday Parade's Anywhere But Here came out yesterday and of course I had to buy them right away. Brandi's new cd was much more important than the other but I have been dying for some new music.


Give Up the Ghost has a little different sound then The Story. It has a fuller music feel with the piano and violins etc, but there are still awesome acoustic songs and her voice is melodic and divine as usual. I am not a huge fan of "Caroline" but I think it will probably grow on me. Her music just makes me feel good. I also downloaded "Creep" live in Boston. Its a good song and she does it so much justice. Love her although not nearly as much as my bestie kt.

Mayday Parade's cd is pretty good too. There was much concern as to how it would sound considering one of the vocals departed from the group but I am not disappointed in the purchase. I went ahead and bought the bonus version for the music videos etc. I think I would be listening to this much more if I wasn't listening to Give Up the Ghost on repeat.

No comments: