Monday, October 12, 2009

two days and a lot of good byes

As this weekend was one of my lasts I spent it with Jens. Ya'll know this thanks to the previous post but here is a sweet picture Emma and I took after I picked her up from grandmamas. I saw the girls this morning since they were here for co-op. Everyone was very sad about me leaving. They are goign to grow so much while I'm away. Will I?

Tonight I drove to Simpson in Indianola to say good-bye to my friend Sylvia. We have been friends for a long time. When I was a senior she was a freshmen and one of 'mine' lol. We hugged and talked in the halls and I tried to be there as much as I could for her and I absolutely adored her as a person. We even did a play together that year. While I was at college we kind of drifted apart but then last fall about this time we started talking again. Our friendship has grown from mere classmates to friends. I feel like she is my little sister. It was awesome to see her at college and it was great to be on a college campus again (I always get so sad about having graduated). We got some jimmy johns because we love sandwhiches and then went to the mall.

When it came time to leave we had like 12 super long hugs and lots of tears. I've been trying so hard to not say good bye but rather I'll see you soon; moments like that dont seem to matter much.

Tomorrow is a big day of packing. I'm not sleeping but Im' definitely eating (times I wished I couldnt eat when i was nervous instead of eating constantly). I know I'll only be gone a few months before I come home for christmas (fingers crossed) but mom and dad are going to be 1000's of miles away. My sister will be getting her permit at fifteen my brother will be turning 13, audrey will be 2.... and Mom and dad will be adopting all while I'm gone. Everything is going to change. I know I'll always have somewhere to come home to but it will be vastly different than the place I left.

tears for goodbyes,

nerves for hellos,

worries of tomorrow

and excitement for today.

This is huge.

No comments: