Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today's Etsy's Finds

Today's online thrifiting and antiquing led me to the foundation that although I have a lot of things I want I have TWO that are surging through my blood. You may remember a few posts ago when I noted my style as record player and typewriter. I think I may start collecting functional typewriters! I can liter them throughout my library (eventually..whenI have one.)


I found this etsy site and went straight to heaven. Maybe I won't buy a laptop, maybe I'll be this instead.


Also I was browsing around on Etsy and came across a lovely individual and some AMAZING trinkets at TackledandShackled. For instance, there are outlet covers that are covered in dictionary pages from 1946. On the site there were only 2 outlet covers, 2 outlet and a light switch and light switch covers. In my room I have 2 2outlets and 1 four outlet. I sent her a quick email asking her about the 4outlet cover. She quickly replied that she would be more than willing to not only make a 4 outlet cover for me but also let me pick the topic of the dictionary pages! Wow!

While I suppose I could mess around and maybe create a similiar product on my own, I feel much better supporting someone who has already gotten on their way. Afterall, if I wanted to start channeling my artist ability to something actually creative I'd hope someone would buy from me!





I also found a beautiful framed page/picture that I think will go stunningly with my soon to be coming outlet covers.


I also spent a large portion of the day looking at bookends. My room is deliciously brown with LOTS of bookshelves. Some awesome bookends would be great.

I also craigslisted typewriters and found one (although not as 'Pretty' as the ones above); it was considerably cheaper. I emailed about it, only to find out that not only will I be going to look at one next week, the individual selling it was someone I went to elementary school with. She moved to the coast and then moved back and now I'm buying a typewriter. Small world!

No comments: