Sunday, July 12, 2009

There is some crazy talent out there

I know I've been talking non-stop about Etsy but when was the last time you found something that was this gorgeous, perfect and amazing? Ya know, when you find that movie you want to watch over and over again, or the song you hear on the radio and you immediately buy the cd or download and listen to over and over again. Thats how I feel about this website.







After staying on the site until 130 this morning and then immediately getitng up and getting on, I've realized I have EXTREME talent envy. Sure I write, but thats not something I am being like published for (or very confident in) but even then these are people who are artistic and creative (like me) who are able to create and market these things. How did they learn these things?



There are so many beautiful creations on here. How do they get started? I want in! I want to create this cute things that accent and high light a look or a color. Even like my lightswitch covers - I could do things like that. But at the same time there are so many people thrifting.

Store / Blog

Where are they going to find this stuff? Are there tips or hints or anything? I'm sure its very time intensive. Also it's hard to find anything 'vintage' thats going to be beyond a small or medium. I just really dig this stuff, but also the vintage things that these very talented people are finding. For instance ArtsandBooksShop has vintage books, for cheap. HELLO? I'm in love! A few months ago at a flea market I found a 1929 copy of All Quiet On the Western Front. If any of you are book junkies you would know that was the first year it was printed Not only is it a first print edition it also has a note inside from a father to his child. The note is dated June 13, 2009. I have a few other gems lying around my room.

I've also seen lots of jewelry, appliances and miscellaneous things. I can't wait to get home and start looking around for some sweet things! I found a website thats a list of places to go in DSM for this purpose. So before I leave for California I plan on spending lots of time at these places and the east village. It's kinda like being in sioux city where I first fell in love with fleaing.

No comments: