Friday, October 02, 2009

new blog stumblings

This evening I stumbled across a blog, which led me to another blog which led me to an etsy store which led me to love. haha. We know how I get about such things. I found all of these things because I traipsed into the wonderful world of "Our Designed Life." Let me first say Happy Birthday and congratulatins on the wedding to Monica!

Blog #1 -->

My attraction to her blog comes from the idea is that it looks and feels a lot like mine. Obviously this is more professional and put together than this old ratty tatty thing BUT she actually talks about her stuff for more than a few words! So many blogs are just pictures or links which is wonderful BUT I want to know the blogger, I want to know why he/she blogs the content he/she does. I personally adore the post about shelves. I have such a fondness for shelving units and these are truly unique and functional! I'm incredibly partial to #...okay I can't pick, but I really tried! I also feel like I'm having a conversation with her. I know why she posted about shelves, what she likes and also she gave me some rather cordial tips! LOVE IT!

I could REALLY let the logorrhea flow and pretty much just write about all of her posts and her etsy finds but I have another blog/shop to mention and MUST get some sleep.

Blog #2+Etsy -->

I absolutely adored the blog. Oh, Hello Friend is a colorful and crisp page. The site really made me feel uplifted and cheery. I was especially drawn to this "Inspire: lovely" post. So many of the images seem to fit perfectly into my tastes.


I haven't really posted anything recently about Etsy finds lately, which to be honest has been because I have been trying to save as much as I can for Cali and we all know that as soon as I get on Etsy i have no monies left! I mosied on over to Hello Friends shop and of course fell in love. I put the purse away before i clicked but seriously!

I found this gorgeous locket. I absolutely love the color on the front and the locket aspect! Although I already have one I NEVER take off this one is calling for me.







She also has the most beautiful hair pins (which with my new haircute {yes hair...cute}) and buttons. Erg. I'm in love. Everything is so colorful and clean. Like little tiny pieces of personality! None of it is gawdy or ostentatious but delicate and simple while definitely getting a quirk across.





I definitely was thinking that the umbrella pendant was my favorite but the lovebirds have won entirely, without question. How glorious are they?

Send your love to these hard blogging ladies! :)

Sleep sweet I'm crafting and making lefsa tomorrow!

No comments: