Wednesday, July 08, 2009

spicing up my room.

When asked to describe my decorating style all I can think of is typewriters and record players. Unfortunately I have neither of these. Right now my walls are empty and my room really lacks a certain FLAIR. This is because I am broke, living in a tiny room at my parents, and while they JOKE about kicking me out for more babies I'm very concerned about the truth behind that.

I really long for the ability to decorate a room, a place, a space to the fullest extent of me. I stumbled across this blog and instantly crooned at its beauty. Even the blog itself has a sense of feminine vintage beauty. I love it.

While I would love someone to just come in and do all this decorating, I would also love to spend weekends searching flea markets, used book stores, antique malls to find the perfect things. One place I love to look for new "vintage" looking things is Urban Outfitters. For instance I love these hooks.




I have an entry way to my room. With stairs and a landing. I think either of these would look awesome. i'm not quite sure about the brass on the knob but its definitely my favorite. I also really like these; the link is necessary because I like the assortment of colors.

I currently have four pictures to go up on my wall. I'm waiting for them to be put up but another thing slowing me down is that I don't feel like they mesh. I absolutely LOVE all of them but they don't really go with each other. My room is so small right now that I'm afraid they would clash. Also I'm not sure I have the wall space without making things look crowded. I definitely need advice here.

Also my headboard is right below my window. Then on both sides of my bed are matching nightstands and lamps. These are probably the favorite part of my room. I am thinking of getting longer curtains that I can hook on the outside of my headboard/window. The wall my window is on is a camel color (along with two other walls then the wall to the left is a dark chocolate brown. My quilt is dark brown as well.




Does the curtain knob look familiar?! I would love to do a punch of pattern and vibrant color but two of my pillowcases are pink and two are white with chocolate, camel and pink polka dots. While I love my curtain bedset if I'm redoing my room I think I would like something a little more abstract. I'm also getting tired of FLAT quilts in bed instead of fluffy comforters. While I typically like UO's bedding selection right now I think they are too busy for me. I really like these pillowsets though.





UO also has a lot of cute DIY stuff. They have sewing kits, some CUTE buttons and fabric. Definitely want to be that sort of trendy. I think its much classier than the other, although not as easy.

They do have a typewriter laptop skin, which may have to suffice until my baby appears or I replace her.



No comments: