Monday, July 06, 2009

lets be friends =)

This weekend was the first time in a long time where I have been completely surrounded by friends and just completely at peace. I watched the sun rise two mornings in a row and one night sat around a fire until AFTER the sun came up. It's a shame I did college the way I did otherwise I think I would have more of these nights.

The reason I'm posting this on my NCCC blog comes down to partially why I'm doing this and also my biggest concern. I enjoy meeting new people. I enjoy learning about their experiences, opinions and ideas. I'm hoping that this program will help me connect with people from a variety of places and give me more days/nights like I had this weekend. I'm really hoping that I can connect/bond/relate to some of the other corpsmen and consequently watch the sun rise, travel to see them and with them. I feel so confined here and limited on my options due to quiet a few burned bridges. I'm very excited to be around people and do things like that. I know how busy I'm going to be and how friction can grow in a lot of these situations as well but I'm really hoping that not only will I be getting to help other people but also form lasting friendships.

I kind of feel like I'm putting out a personal ad for friends. I am looking for.... KIDDING!

Still not nervous!

No comments: