Friday, July 31, 2009

Woah nerves

And the nerves are growing. I'm about 70 days out from taking a plane trip to start an adventure and I'm starting to get more petrified than the trees near the painted desert... (dad joke anyone?).

All I can think about is all the things that could go wrong and letting my own bothersome, worrisome side come out. I think its just the fear of the unknown. I felt like I had researched this program indepth but every time i turn around I'm learning new things that scare me.


I'm nervous about meeting all these new people and being awkward and shy.

I'm nervous about working out in front of people who are obviously more in shape than I.

I'm nervous about flying alone and getting lost in the airport or being the last one to campus and having missed everything.

I'm definitely number one nervous about not being good enough.


BUT

I am excited for routine that is more than getting up, work, going home.

I'm pumped for serving other people.

I'm thrilled about getting to meet all these new people and make new friends.

I'm jazzed about seeing part of the country I've never been (I hope).

And I'm hoping to gain a sense of self-accountability.


I wonder how everyone else feels.....

1 comment:

Sara said...

we all feel similar things... dont worry we can all help eachother